Happy Provincial Nurse Practitioner Week!!!!
There are 3188 Nurse Practitioners who provide patient-centred, accessible, high-quality health care to thousands of patients province wide! There are currently 25 Nurse Practitioner Led Clinics across the province of Ontario and the Georgina Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic is proud to provide service to over 3000 people. We were successful in our bid for expansion for this year and will be adding another full-time NP and an additional part time Social Worker to our practice. This will allow us to provide care to 800 more local residents!
Look to our website for applications to become part of our clinic in late December.
What does research say about the benefit of Nurse Practitioners to health care?
NPs provide a valuable service to Canadians and their health-care system. Studies about the patient’s experience of having an NP as a primary care provider confirm that NPs:
• involve patients in decisions related to their care
• improve access to primary health care
• reduce pressures on the health-care system
• are valued and trusted by patients
• provide high-quality management of chronic illness (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure)
• Provide care that is rated with high levels of patient satisfaction and excellence in care. (Canadian Nurses Association, Its about time campaign, www.npnow.ca )